Educating children to form the habit of washing hands is an extremely important job, helping to prevent and prevent the spread of diseases. So how do you wash your hands properly? Here, the article will share 6 steps to wash your hands to ensure complete sterilization on your baby’s hands.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has also announced that every 20 seconds a child in the world dies because of poor sanitation. Therefore, washing hands with soap is a very simple but effective method of personal hygiene for children.
A study published by the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) found that washing hands with soap can reduce the incidence of diarrhea by 50%, the second leading cause of death in children under 5 years of age.
In addition, hand washing and good personal hygiene also help reduce the incidence of lung diseases, eczema, scabies, infections, diseases related to the digestive tract and avoid the spread of disease. Therefore, it is not enough to just wash our hands with water, we need to wash our hands properly.
firstInstructions on how to properly wash your hands with soap
Steps to wash your baby’s hands:
Proper hand washing is washing hands with soap, following the correct procedure, under clean running water and consists of 6 steps:
- Step 1: Wet your palms with water, apply soap to your palms. Rub palms together to create lather.
- Step 2: Rub this palm over the back of the hand and the outer four spaces between the fingers of the other hand and vice versa.
- Step 3: Rub your palms together and wash between your fingers
- Step 4: Rub the backs of these fingers on the palm of the other hand and vice versa (the back of the hand should be cupped with the palm).
- Step 5: Rub the thumb of one hand against the palm of the other and vice versa (palm hugs the thumb).
- Step 6: Rotate the fingertips of one hand into the palm of the other and vice versa. Rinse your hands under running water up to the wrists and dry them with a paper towel.
In addition, you need to adhere to the time of washing your hands for at least 30 seconds, each operation in steps 2,3,4,5 repeated at least 5 times.
26 things to note when performing hand washing steps with soap and hand sanitizer
- Don’t wash your hands too quickly, wash it off, is a familiar behavior children often do. Because children are still busy playing and pay little attention to long or fast problems. For families where parents also have this habit, children are more likely to be neglected.
- It is not only after going to the toilet that pathogens follow, but whenever children touch elevator buttons, public surfaces and some activities such as before eating, when treating wounds, when blowing their nose. , coughing or sneezing, touching animals, garbage, sandy soil, .. all can be attacked by bacteria, especially in the cold season. If they don’t wash their hands often, they can use hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol..
- Not only should the surfaces be washed, but care should also be taken to wash the fingers, under the fingernails and between the fingers thoroughly.
- Need to dry hands after washing hands Because wet hands are an ideal environment for bacteria to hide. It is better to use paper towels to dry hands than to use a hand dryer. Because using the dryer not long enough will not dry your hands, but using it for too long will make your hands too dry.
- Bacteria live in the slime of soap, so bar soap must be cleaned before use. After use, you should leave the soap in a dry place.
- You should use hand sanitizer instead of bar soap because it is more effective and less prone to bacterial contamination.
Buy powdered milk for babies at Bach Hoa XANH: