This ten minute kettlebell circuit will burn kilojoules and tone your body in no time. Use the exercises listed below to complete a circuit, performing each exercise for one minute (single arm exercises should be performed one minute per side). Aim to perform the routine four to five times per week and look forward to a toned body!
|1. KETTLEBELL FIGURE EIGHTS
|AREAS TRAINED: Full body and cardiovascular fitness
WHY DO IT?: This exercise will involve almost all the muscles in your body. Use it to increase your heart rate and help burn kilojoules.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a kettlebell in your right hand.
- Start by swinging the kettlebell up to shoulder height.
- Lower the kettlebell and bend your knees.
- At the lowest point pass the kettlebell through your legs to your left hand.
- Straighten your legs and swing the kettlebell up to shoulder height.
- Repeat the move but this time passing it through your legs to your right hand.
- Alternate between left and right always passing through your legs and swinging up from the outside of your leg.
BE SAFE: Keep your back straight, squeeze your bottom and look forward.
|2. KETTLEBELL SINGLE ARM SHOULDER PRESS
|WHY DO IT?: To shape and strengthen your shoulders.
- Stand with your legs hip width apart, holding a kettlebell in your right hand.
- Straighten your arm, pushing the weight up.
- Bend your arm and lower the kettlebell until it’s level with your shoulder.
- Complete one set on the right before changing over to the left.
BE SAFE: Don’t arch your back when you push the weight up.
|3. KETTLEBELL SINGLE ARM SWING
|AREAS TRAINED: Shoulders (deltoids), back (erectpr spinae), bottom (glutes) and cardiovascular fitness
WHY DO IT?: As part of the circuit, this will increase your heart rate, helping you to burn calories while toning your body.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a kettlebell in your left hand.
- Bend your knees allowing the kettlebell to hang in between your legs.
- Straighten your legs and thrust your hips forward while lifting the kettlebell to shoulder height.
- Repeat the move keeping the momentum up.
BE SAFE: Keep your back and arm straight. Focus on one point in front of you.
|4. KETTLEBELL SINGLE ARM ROW
|AREA TRAINED: Upper back (rhomboids)
WHY DO IT?: By improving your posture through stronger upper back muscles, your stomach will look flatter.
- Adopt a split stance with your left leg in front, holding a kettlebell in your right hand.
- Lean forward and support your body weight with your left hand on your left thigh.
- Pull the kettlebell up to your armpit, squeezing through your shoulder blade.
BE SAFE: Keep your back straight and your tummy muscles tight.