Currently, genetically modified foods (GMOs) are widely used and have certain effects on humans. Let’s refer to the most popular genetically modified foods in the following article.
Currently, genetically modified foods (GMOs) are widely used and have certain effects on humans. So what are the most common types, let’s find out.
Genetically modified foods (GMOs) are plants, animals, or microorganisms that have been created using some non-natural hybridization technique. The goal is for plants and organisms to grow quickly, improve their drought tolerance, disease resistance, or increase their nutritional value. These changes will help increase output while reducing costs significantly. Here are the most common genetically modified foods, let’s see what they are.
Maize (Corn) is often genetically modified, in which Contains a gene that kills insects. Since it was planted, farmers no longer need to spray pesticides on them. Most families in the US consume this type of corn.
Currently, Genetically modified soybeans already account for 85% of the soybeans on the market. Most are used only for livestock, not for humans.
In 2008, the production of genetically modified sugar beets began. However, in 2010 it was banned due to several reports of environmental impact. Sugar beets usually grow very slowly, so genetically modified beets are bred to promote growth.
Genetically modified potatoes are resistant to diseases like late blight – spreads rapidly and destroys whole potatoes. Today, humans only eat about 25%, the remaining 75% is used to feed livestock and use in the starch industry.
This is the first food to be genetically modified in the US. Currently, genetically modified tomatoes are only for the ability to keep longerserving transportation needs.
Because squash is particularly sensitive to some pathogenic viruses, it should be genetically modified. Scientists fear its genetic modification could grow rapidly out of control.
This is the type rice is genetically modified from regular rice and contains more vitamin A, help reduce blindness or, more seriously, death. Experts also want to create a genetically modified rice with added iron to fight anemia in many people. However, this can only happen in the future.
Genetically modified salmon for commercial purposes. It is raised only on farms, grows faster and twice the size of a wild fish. Experts say this will help preserve the environment and protect wild salmon.
Notes on food preparation:
Always keep your hands clean before, during and after handling food.
– Cook these foods thoroughly.
– Eat as soon as the food is cooked.
– If you don’t eat it all, you must store it carefully. Absolutely do not use spoiled, moldy, expired food. Reheat food thoroughly before eating.
Through the article you can see which foods are often genetically modified. Currently, the answer to the question of whether genetically modified foods are good is still unclear. However, you also need to be careful and limit the use of these foods. Thank you for watching.
Come to the nearest Bach Hoa XANH to buy the freshest food.
Buy tubers and fruits of all kinds at Bach Hoa Xanh: