Chestnuts are a food that contains many nutrients for human health. However, should pregnant women eat chestnuts? Let’s explore with Phunudaily!
Pistachios are foods that support body functions such as liver and gallbladder, improve vision, slow down cellular aging and prevent neurasthenia. You can eat either dried or fried pistachios. However, for patients with cardiovascular disease, kidney should limit eating pistachios. Because during the processing, the manufacturer will add salt to the product.
How does pistachio provide nutrition for pregnant women?
The nutritional components found in pistachios such as calcium, potassium, iron and folic acid are all necessary for the development of the fetus:
– Pistachios provide a good amount of protein, which is beneficial for the development of muscles and tissues.
– Monounsaturated fat in chestnuts helps increase good cholesterol and limit bad cholesterol for the body.
Vitamins A, E, carotene and polyphenolic compounds have the ability to boost the immune system.
– Also has the ability to help balance the amount of red blood cells during pregnancy.
Besides, the anti-inflammatory, swelling and joint pain relief properties of this nutritious seed are very useful for pregnant women.
– Symptoms of constipation of pregnant women will be limited thanks to the fiber in chestnuts.
Omega-3 acids in seeds help in brain development of children.
In addition, B vitamins such as vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and folic acid in chestnuts play an important role in the development of the fetus.
How should you add pistachios to your diet?
Pregnant women can prepare many dishes with pistachios such as:
– You can use pistachios to decorate dishes or enhance the taste.
– Salad mixed with chestnuts is also a delicious snack.
In addition, you should drink a cup of hazelnut milk with saffron, cardamom and almonds on an empty stomach.
Note: However, pregnant women should not eat too many pistachios during the day. The maximum serving that you should eat is 15 nuts/day.
How to choose pistachios?
To choose a quality and nutritious type of chestnut, you should pay attention to the following criteria:
– Seeds are not moldy, moldy.
The seeds have a pleasant aroma.
– Seeds with shell.
Seeds are light green in color.
Have you tried adding pistachios to your diet? Do not hesitate to try to prepare dishes with pistachios to provide nutrition for mother and baby!
See more: Tips for good nuts for pregnant women