How to Choose an Effective Dandruff Shampoo for Babies
Parents can refer to this article to apply in case their children have signs of dandruff and itchy scalp!
Babies can completely have dandruff and also need treatment to prevent itching and discomfort, causing scratching and scratching of scalp damage. So to choose an effective and safe anti-dandruff shampoo for babies, why don’t parents try the information from the article!
first Baby’s Head Has Dandruff – Does the Baby Have Any Disease?
Baby absolutely can dandruff appears on the scalp. Because baby’s skin is very delicate (only 1/5 of an adult’s skin) and sensitive, easily affected by sweat, dirt and even chemical shampoos.… leads to dandruff.
When the baby’s scalp appears dandruff:
- If the plaques and scales on the scalp are white, no problem what, it’s mainly annoying itchiness only for the baby.
- If dandruff that is unusually red or brown in color, or patches on the scalp that form a circle and where the hair patches fall out, causing itching, redness, and swelling it is possible that the child has scalp fungus needs timely examination and treatment.
2 Choose an Effective and Safe Anti-Dandruff Shampoo for Your Baby
For cases where the baby has simple dandruff, you can choose a dandruff shampoo for your baby, but note:
- Do not choose to use adult anti-dandruff shampoo because it contains many chemicals (from detergents to paraben preservatives…) It’s not good for the baby’s scalp, but it’s not necessarily effective in treating dandruff for delicate and sensitive scalp.
- Want to choose an effective dandruff shampoo, balance moisture without hurting baby’s scalp Then parents need to choose shampoos containing herbal ingredients such as basil, grapefruit peel, lemon peel, lemongrass… These ingredients can anti-inflammatory, anti-dandruff, effective anti-itch treatment that is very safe for babies.
- Avoid buying shampoos labeled herbal for dandruff but only contain very few herbs in the ingredients, mainly industrial chemicals. It will not be effective against dandruff and is not good for babies.
Also, mom can homemade dandruff shampoo for babies with salt water and lemon juice to clean the scalp, but need dilution because it can cause the baby’s scalp to scratch. Or mom uses locust, basil, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar It also helps in treating dandruff very well.
3 How to Prevent Dandruff from Appearing on Baby’s Scalp
If baby has not appeared dandruff, parents should learn how to prevent dandruff from appearing on the baby’s scalp. And if baby having just treated dandruff, parents learn how to prevent dandruff from reappearing on their child’s head. How to prevent:
- Limit the use of shampoos containing chemicals for the baby, so use natural extracts.
- Use any shampoo you need rinse thoroughly with clean water for baby.
- For baby wear a hat when it’s sunny to avoid direct sunlight on the baby’s scalp and easily produce dandruff.
- Do not let children wear hats for too long, continuously when not necessary, especially when it is too hot because the scalp is not well ventilated, it is easy to produce dandruff.
- Do not wash your baby’s hair often with too hot water because it easily makes the baby’s scalp dry and causes dandruff.
- Let’s make sure your baby’s hair is washed regularly to keep the scalp clean It is also a way to avoid dandruff.
When your baby has dandruff on the scalp, you should check the dandruff condition to determine whether it is normal or fungal infection for treatment. And don’t forget the necessary notes when choosing a dandruff shampoo for babies!