No flies will dare enter your house again with these simple ways to get rid of flies. Read on to discover how.
1. Make a fly trap with a plastic bottle:
To create a fly trap without using toxic fly stickers, follow these steps:
– Boil a mixture of sugar and water, simmering to avoid burning the sugar.
– Cut a plastic bottle to the desired shape and attach the inverted top to the bottle body.
– Fill the bottle with the sugar water mixture, ensuring the water surface is about 1 inch below the bottle mouth.
– Leave the trap overnight, and you’ll be surprised to find flies attracted to the scent of sugar water but unable to escape. This method works for mosquitoes as well.
2. Use lemongrass essential oil:
Lemongrass essential oil is an effective repellent for flies and mosquitoes. Just follow these steps:
– Add about 10 drops of lemongrass essential oil to warm water.
– Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
– Spray the solution around your house, especially in areas where flies frequently appear. The scent of the essential oil will deter flies from entering.
3. Use orange and lemon peels:
Don’t throw away orange and lemon peels as they contain aromatic essential oils that repel flies. Dry the peels and place them in areas where flies tend to gather. The flies will detect the scent of the oranges and lemons and avoid those areas. Please note that this method is more effective in smaller spaces.
4. Use washing powder and chili powder:
Flies are attracted to fruit-flavored liquids. To repel them, create a mixture of soapy water (1 part soap to 1 part water) with fruit flavors like lemon or apple cider vinegar. Pour the solution into a spray bottle and add a little chili powder. Spray this mixture on surfaces where flies land and frequently fly to, such as doors and corners of your house. The flies will be attracted to the solution and perish from consuming the soap.
5. Use a plastic bag filled with water:
Flies have unique eyes that allow them to change viewing angles and detect light through water bags. Hang a plastic bag filled with water in areas where flies are present. The refraction of light through the water will deter flies from entering that area.
6. Make a fly trap with ripe bananas:
Slice ripe bananas into small chunks and place them in a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, securing the mouth. Use a toothpick or small nail to create small holes in the plastic wrap, allowing the scent of the ripe bananas to escape and attract flies. Flies will enter the bowl but won’t be able to escape.
7. Use black pepper:
The pungent smell of black pepper repels flies. Mix black pepper powder with sugar and egg yolks, then place this mixture in areas where flies frequent to repel them.
8. Use honey:
Create a fly trap by mixing honey with soap. The honey will attract flies, while the soap will trap them and prevent them from escaping. Place a bowl of this mixture in a fly-infested area and observe the results.
9. Use apple cider vinegar:
Flies are attracted to the scent of vinegar and apples. Fill a bowl with apple cider vinegar and add dishwashing liquid to create a trap. The vinegar will lure the flies to the bowl, and the dishwashing liquid will prevent them from escaping.
10. Use garlic:
Garlic has a strong scent similar to black pepper, making it an effective natural ingredient to repel flies. Crush several garlic cloves and put them in boiling water. Allow the mixture to cool, then filter it to obtain a mixture of essential oils. Spray this essential oil in areas with high fly activity to suffocate and repel them.
11. Use basil:
Planting basil near areas such as the kitchen, sink, and trash can deter insects and prevent them from approaching.
If you prefer using insect spray, you can purchase it at Bach Hoa Xanh.