We have a habit of using fabric softener after washing to soften and scent our clothes. However, fabric softener ingredients contain chemicals. So is using fabric softener harmful or not? Let’s find out together.
Prohibited substances in chemical products
The ingredients of banned substances that are not used in cosmetic production according to the regulations of the Drug Administration of the Ministry of Health since 2015 are paraben compounds, including Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Phenylparaben, Benzylparaben, Pentylparaben.
Because parabens have the ability to stimulate estrogen hormone, increase the risk of breast cancer in women and reduce sperm count in men.
Substances that should be limited
As an extract from Melaleuca essential oil has antibacterial effect, however, if exposed to too much will lead to health problems such as dizziness, headache, facial nerve numbness, neck pain and spinal pain.
Compound made from the distillation of benzyl alcohol and acetic acids, some studies warn can cause pancreatic cancer, overexposure to its vapors can cause eye irritation. to the respiratory system.
On the list of environmentally harmful wastes assessed by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), overexposure can lead to loss of consciousness, nausea, headache, vomiting, and dizziness. .
Safe fabric softeners
– So to answer the question of whether using fabric softener is harmful or not? First of all, equip yourself with the most basic knowledge about ingredients that should not be in the conditioner to choose a product that is safe and suitable for the skin of the whole family.
– At the same time, visit a reputable store and carefully read the ingredients on the package to choose for the whole family effective and quality products.
Bach Hoa Xanh would like to introduce a few brands recommended by experts and trusted by consumers in recent times.
Downy water softener
With the outstanding advantage in keeping the scent for a long time and a variety of different scents. Downy has a lot of products you can choose from such as: Downy morning sunshine, Downy flower field fragrance, Antibacterial Downy.
Towards meeting the different needs of users, Comfort also launched a lot of products such as Comfort for sensitive skin, Comfort once flushed, Comfort fragrance… suitable for the needs and purposes of use. of the whole family.
Notes to use fabric softener safely
– Do not use fabric softener too much, but should be diluted according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
– Wear gloves or a mask when using fabric softener.
– When using fabric softener, it should be used in a well-ventilated room, and do not let children near or come into contact with the fabric softener.
– After each laundry, use fabric softener to help soften clothes, preserve fragrance and color.
– Always make sure clothes are dried in a cool place with enough sunlight, because the sun helps kill bacteria and helps dry clothes.
– If your family has young children, you can choose natural-based laundry detergents, along with a fabric softener for babies to protect your baby’s sensitive skin.
Children are especially sensitive to scents, so you should choose fabric softener products with mild and fresh scents.
Hopefully, our sharing about fabric softener will help you get more necessary information and feel secure to make the correct choice when using fabric softener for the whole family. Please continue to follow other useful information on Bach Hoa XANH.
Buy fabric softener at Phunudaily to keep your clothes smelling fresh:
GREEN Department Store