Children with pneumonia are infected with bacteria or viruses, causing the air sacs in the lungs to contain pus and fluid, making it difficult for them to breathe, even leading to death if not treated promptly and properly. To prevent children from catching a cold, many parents do not bathe their children with pneumonia. Is this true or false, let’s find out with Bach Hoa XANH!
Symptoms of children with pneumonia
Children with pneumonia often have the following symptoms:
– Children may have a fever higher than 38 degrees Celsius, cold and accompanied by convulsions.
– Children are tired, sluggish, not as active as usual, often sleepy.
The child may have difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, wheezing or shortness of breath.
– Due to lung infection, the child has a lot of cough, maybe phlegm, drool will go from the lungs to the nose or mouth. If the sputum contains blood, the child’s condition is already severe.
– Children’s skin will be pale, pale. In infants, the lips and face will be bluish-gray.
– Pain in the chest or pain in the abdomen.
– Affects the stomach, causing vomiting and diarrhea in children.
Should you bathe a child with pneumonia?
– Many parents believe that bathing a child with pneumonia will make the child’s body cold, the disease will not only not be cured but also aggravated. This view is not entirely correct.
– When having pneumonia, the child’s body still needs to be cleaned to avoid further infection with bacteria, and at the same time to make the child’s body clean, airy and more comfortable.
However, children with pneumonia need to be bathed properly to ensure their body is clean and cool without making the disease worse.
Bathing children with pneumonia properly
– Children should be bathed with warm water to help relieve symptoms of nasal congestion, runny nose, and cough.
– Do not take a long bath and must bathe in a sheltered place.
– Mother should dry the baby immediately after bathing. Wear loose, soft clothes, don’t wear too many baby clothes.
– If the weather is cold, the mother can use a heater before, during and after bathing the baby, then massage – massage the baby’s body to stimulate blood circulation and warm the body.
Only shower every 2-3 days.
See more: Is it necessary to bathe children often in winter?
Thus, bathing a child with pneumonia is very necessary, but should be careful and properly bathed to prevent the baby’s body from getting cold. Please share with us your experiences of taking care of children with pneumonia!
GREEN Department Store