Irons are familiar items of every family, besides a dry iron, there is also a steam iron. So do you know how to use a steam iron safely and effectively? Check out this article now.
Steam iron is an iron that possesses many outstanding advantages compared to other irons such as: significant power saving, ironing time 2-3 times faster than conventional irons, ironing. Clothes without clothes do not worry about burning, can iron many materials: fabric, whether silk, chiffon, wool, …
How to use a steam iron
Step 1: Clean the iron the first time you use it
If it is the first time using, before use, you should peel off all the remaining glue and use a damp cloth to gently rub the soleplate.
Step 2: Pour water into the steam iron
In order for the iron to produce steam, as well as a spray to moisten clothes, an indispensable step is to pour water into the steam iron (note that clean water should be used).
Step 3: Connect the power and adjust the ironing temperature accordingly
Plug the power into an outlet, when you see the power indicator light on, set the temperature accordingly by turning the knob. When the light is off, it means that the iron has ensured the temperature for ironing, you can use it.
Step 4: Use the dry ironing feature
If you want to use the dry ironing feature, turn the lever to the dry iron position (steam off) then start ironing.
Step 5: Use the mist and spray features
In this step you need to make sure the water tank is at least ¼ full, then press the jet button to spray the clothes with water. Continue to push the lever to the steam position and press the booster steam button to create high-temperature steam to moisten clothes, making sure the water tank is at least 1/4.
Step 6: Use the vertical steam function to iron hanging clothes (if the iron has this feature)
However, when using the vertical steam feature, you need to make sure the water tank is at least ½, then proceed to hang the clothes on the hanger, turn the temperature to step 2 or higher, keep the iron at a distance of 10-20 cm and press the vertical steam injection button (enhanced steam).
Step 7: After using, turn the knob to the Min position and unplug the power from the outlet
After you have finished ironing the necessary items, you need to quickly turn the temperature control knob to the Min position and unplug the power from the socket to prevent fire and unsafety.
Note when using steam iron
– When adding water to the iron, you should be careful to do it slowly, do not pour more than the max line to prevent water from spilling out and easily burning.
– The best water for the iron is purified water to avoid soiling the inside of the iron as well as the clothes being ironed.
– Do not add any substance to the iron.
– When using an iron, you should use a separate socket because the iron has a large capacity, if it is shared with other appliances, it can easily catch fire.
– Adjust ironing temperature suitable for each type of fabric.
– When ironing should iron in a certain direction, press gently, always keep the iron moving.
– If the ironing place is not satisfactory, you can iron it again, but it needs to be spaced 5-8 seconds apart.
Hopefully, in the article on how to use a steam iron above, you can use the product effectively and safely, helping to increase the life of the product.