Cha Ca is a raw material to be able to process many delicious dishes that are loved by many people, but when buying fish cakes outside, you are often not satisfied. In this article, you will know how to make delicious chewy fish cakes at home without worrying about the quality!
The fish cake is spread evenly, so it has a delicious, naturally sweet taste. Combined with some spices and green onions, our fish cake has an even more attractive flavor. With this method, the fish cakes made can be directly fried and then enjoyed, or processed into other delicious dishes such as vermicelli with fish, fried fish with fish sauce, … will surely make the whole family stir. there.
10 minutes Process
30 minutes Intended for
firstIngredients for making fish cakes
How to choose to buy fresh fish
– The freshest fish is when it is still alive, you should choose to buy fish that are alive, swimming healthy, clear eyes, pink gills, with iridescent scales and no strange colors appear on the skin.
– Fresh fish is fish with clear eyes that are not opaque, bright and slightly swollen. The flesh of the fish is firm and almost rubbery, when pressed the flesh bounces back and leaves no dents. If the meat feels soft or pale, it’s spoiled. In addition, fresh fish skin is definitely not crispy and not torn.
– Fish that have been dead for a long time, which can be rotten are fish that when touching the flesh of the fish are viscous, have an unpleasant odor, dark, pale fish meat.
– The types of fish that are often used to make fish cakes such as: Squid fish, tilapia, drifting fish, catfish, carp, basa fish…
2How to make delicious chewy fish cakes, without using flour
Note: In order for our fish cake to be delicious and successful, Fish meat must always be kept cold in the range of 0 – 5 degrees throughout the processing. Therefore, you must always pay attention to the temperature of the fish meat.
Step 1 Clean fish
If you buy fresh basa, you need scrape the slime and remove the viscera, as well as cut off the gills and tail of the fish thoroughly, then squeeze with salt and wash again with clean water several times.
Good tip: You can Soak fish in salt water or diluted vinegar for about 5 minutes, and then rinse with water will also remove the fishy smell, viscous.
Step 2 Preliminary processing of fish meat and other ingredients
Fish after preliminary processing, you Use a knife to separate the fish fillets carefully, remove all the fish bones, then add the fish fillets Freezer for about 1.5 hours to harden.
Then you take out the fish Defrost for about 10-15 minutes so that the fish is still about 30% frozen.
Green onions, dill and chili are you washed, cut into small pieces.
Step 3 Grind fish meat
If you choose to buy frozen basa fillets, you can skip the first 2 steps above for those who buy fresh fish.
In this step, you will cut the fish meat into small pieces and put them in the blender to puree. Friend Grind the fish meat for about 10-15 seconds until the fish meat is fine.
– Do not grind fish meat for too long will lose the coldness of the fish and our fish cakes will not taste good.
– During the grinding process, if you feel that the fish meat is no longer cold properly, you You can put the fish meat in the freezer for a while to regain the coldness and then continue doing it Please.
Step 4 Mix the mixture to make fish cakes
You put in 1 spoon of delicious fish sauce, 1 spoon of sugar, 1 spoon of cooking oil, half a spoon of salt, half a spoon of monosodium glutamate, lots of ground pepper together. Give add green onions, dill, chili chopped for mixing.
Good tip: You can also bring these ingredients Stir-fry until golden aroma to enhance the flavor depending on preference.
Step 5 Fried fish cake
You proceed to grind to combine all the ingredients that have been added.
During the grinding process, if the fish cake is flexible and heavy, you can Pause midway to mix well with your hands and then continue to blend Please. When the fish cake is done Mix the spices well, stick together into a smooth, flexible mass then you are done.
Good tip: In this step, if you don’t have a machine at home, you can Put the fish in a large bowl and use a pestle (mortar) to beat until you see the sticky fish cake, you have succeeded.
Step 6 Fried/fried fish cakes
After brushing the fish, you can Roll into small balls or medium-sized pieces, then put them in an oil pan to fry until golden brown and enjoy.
Step 7 Finished product
In just a few steps, you can make your own fish cakes at home. Put the fish cake on a plate and eat it with hot rice, what’s better than that, isn’t it! Don’t forget to eat it while it’s still hot.
Crispy homemade fish cakes with natural delicious taste from fish meat and seasonings are marinated just right. You can use fried fish cakes to keep longer and continue to make many other attractive dishes for the whole family, or divide them into small portions and store in the freezer to eat gradually.
4Instructions for preserving fish cakes
For raw fish cakes (scrambled)
For raw, unprocessed fish cakes, you can put them in the refrigerator with appropriate temperatures:
- At 10 degrees Celsius I will store the fish cakes for about 2 days.
- At temperatures from 0 – 5 degrees C will be able to be preserved within 2 weeks.
- At -18 degrees Celsius then you will be able to preserve the fish cakes 2 months.
For fried/fried fish cakes
For fried/fried fish cakes that have been put in a vacuum bag, you should put them in the refrigerator at the following temperatures:
- At -18 degrees Celsius will be preserved for a period of time from 4-6 months.
- At a temperature of about 0 – 5 degrees C there will be time 1 month.
- At 10 degrees Celsius then fish cakes will be able to keep about 3 days.
Without vacuum, the storage time will be shorter, specifically:
- At -18 degrees Celsius will be preserved for a period of time from 3 months.
- At a temperature of about 0 – 5 degrees C there will be time 3 weeks.
- At 10 degrees Celsius then fish cakes will be able to keep about 2 days.
Note: You should know that the most important factor to preserve fish cakes is the temperature, the right temperature control will preserve the fish longer.
Homemade fish cakes are both delicious, quality, and safe for health without harmful chemicals. After frying, you can enjoy immediately with delicious, supple and delicious taste. Good luck with this recipe.
The spices can be purchased at Bach Hoa XANH:
GREEN Department Store