Green beans are often used by mothers to cook nutritious food for their babies. But do you know all the benefits that green beans bring to children? Let’s see!
Benefits of green beans for children
Green beans contain high levels of vitamins C and E, which work to increase the child’s immune system optimally.
With abundant vitamin A content, it has a direct effect on the baby’s eyes, helping the baby have healthy and brighter eyes.
More specifically, green beans are an effective source of calcium and iron, helping the baby’s bone system to develop healthy, prevent the risk of anemia in children.
Mung beans are also rich in protein, providing essential nutrients for children’s development without causing allergies.
This is also a golden food that has a good effect on the digestive system of children, thanks to its high fiber content to help improve the baby’s digestive system, preventing constipation in children.
How to cook green bean porridge for children
– 50g white rice.
– 100g green beans with shell.
– 50g minced lean meat or minced shrimp.
Wash green beans and rice, put in a pot of water to soak for about 30 minutes.
Then, put the pot of water on the stove to boil, slowly add the soaked green beans and rice to the pot, cover and continue to cook. Stir frequently so that the rice and green beans do not stick to the bottom of the pot.
About 30 minutes after the rice and green beans are cooked, add the ground meat and cook for another 5 minutes, add a little seasoning to stimulate the baby’s taste buds, stir well, and then turn off the heat.
Finally, scoop the mung bean porridge into a bowl to wait for it to cool before feeding the baby.
Note when feeding your baby green beans
– Do not let babies under 6 months old eat green beans. Because at this time, the baby’s digestive system is still weak, adding green beans to the baby will make the baby’s stomach full and uncomfortable.
– Only add green beans to your baby’s menu 2-3 times a week.
– Children under 5 years old should only use green beans with shell, do not use unpeeled green beans, because green beans are very hard, contain too high fiber and protein content, will not be good for the baby’s stomach.
Above are the benefits that green beans bring to children. What are you waiting for, come to Bach Hoa XANH to bring home nutritious food for your baby!