Drinking tea has many benefits to human health and beauty. But is it really good for pregnant women to drink tea, and does it have any effect on the fetus? Pregnant mothers, please consult now!
Green tea is famous for its strong antioxidant properties, which have the effect of boosting immunity and reducing the risk of cancer. At the same time, green tea also contains active ingredients that help protect the heart very effectively. However, the amount of caffeine in green tea also makes many pregnant women worry whether to choose or not. Should pregnant women drink green tea?
Note: The article is for reference only and is not a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment.
firstBenefits when pregnant women drink tea
Many opinions believe that drinking tea will not good for the fetus, can cause premature birth, low birth weight or affect brain development… Whether that conclusion is true or not we will find out later. First of all, see if the pregnant mother drinking tea has any benefits for the fetus!
Tea contains many minerals, vitamins and proteins Very important for pregnant women and babies.
Tea is the source Top zinc content in foodsa very necessary and important nutrient for pregnancy, affecting the health of both pregnant women and fetuses.
Green tea (fresh tea) also helps Enhance heart and kidney function, promote blood circulation, which helps in better digestion. It is good for the health of the pregnant mother and thereby positively affects the development of the fetus.
In addition, drinking tea also helps many pregnant women feel relaxed effectively; Green tea also limits pregnancy edema of pregnant women.
2Should pregnant women use green tea? Is it dangerous?
Although green tea brings many health benefits to the mother and baby, green tea when consumed in large quantities also causes harmful effects when pregnant women drink a lot:
- According to nutritionists, if pregnant women drink too much green tea in around the time of conception leads to folic acid deficiency and increases the risk of neural tube defects, such as spina bifida.
- Green tea contains antioxidants called catechins, especially epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), can affect folic acid absorption – A type of B vitamin necessary for the development of the nervous system of the fetus. Animal studies for found that drinking green tea with large amounts of EGCG can cause problems related to folic acid and affect fetal development. Therefore, pregnant women should limit the use of green tea in large amounts, especially in the first 3 months of pregnancy.
- In addition, green tea also contains caffeine, a possible stimulant affect blood pressure, heart rate, sleep and fetal development. Consuming caffeine in large amounts can be dangerous for the unborn baby, risk of preterm birth, premature birth, or affect the neurological function of the fetus. Therefore, pregnant women should limit their caffeine intake from green tea and other sources during pregnancy.
- However, if pregnant women want to drink green tea, should Consult your doctor for the exact amount and frequency of use. Should choose quality green tea, no harmful chemicals, and should be drunk in moderation to ensure safety for the health of mother and fetus.
3So should pregnant women drink tea and how?
There are advantages, but many risks will definitely make pregnant women worry when they want to drink tea. In fact, pregnant women can still drink tea, but must choose the right time and use the right type and amount of tea.
If any pregnant mother is interested, addicted or wants to drink tea, you can refer to it
Do not drink tea in the first 3 months of pregnancy. In the 4th month, pregnant women can start drinking a little.
Each average cup of green tea contains about 40 – 50 milligrams of caffeine so pregnant You can drink 2-3 cups of green tea a day and still ensure the recommended amount of caffeine for pregnant women (maximum 200mg caffeine/day). But in addition to green tea, every day you can also get caffeine from other drinks like coffee, so to make sure, you just should drink 1 cup of green tea every day.
Be careful with herbal teasSome herbal teas can affect the fetus, so you should consult your doctor before using.
About the time to drink tea during the day, pregnant women should note
Do not drink tea in hungry or immediately after a meal. Should drink tea about 1 hour after eating.
Do not drink tea in evening before going to bed.
Green tea overnight is not good for pregnant women.
Do not drink tea along with medication, especially when taking iron supplements.
- And when the mother was pregnant If you drink tea, don’t drink more coffee or sip a beer.
Drinking tea also has many benefits, but there is no shortage of bad effects on the health of both mother and fetus. Therefore, if you want to drink tea during pregnancy, please consult carefully before using or contact a specialist for advice.