We all know the calming effects of chamomile tea. However, should children drink chamomile tea? What are the effects of this tea on children? Let’s join Bach Hoa XANH to refer to the following article!
The main ingredient of chamomile tea is dried chrysanthemum flowers, which have a bitter and spicy taste. Drinking chamomile tea regularly will help clear heat, detoxify and reduce symptoms related to nerves. You can give this tea to children from 1 year old to effectively cleanse the body. However, consult your doctor before giving tea to your child!
How much should children drink?
15ml of tea is the ideal amount for a child’s first drink. After that, if there are no allergy symptoms, give the child 30ml when crying, in pain or not sleeping well. Chamomile tea will soothe the child’s irritability.
The benefits of chamomile tea for children
Regularly drinking chamomile tea will reduce symptoms of chronic abdominal pain. In addition, tea also helps soothe nerves when babies feel uncomfortable and fussy.
– The relaxing effect of chamomile tea will bring a good night’s sleep to the child.
– The beneficial ingredients in tea help soothe the digestive system, stimulate the absorption of nutrients and avoid symptoms of bloating.
– A cold will make it difficult for your child to breathe. A cup of chamomile tea helps to improve breathing and sleep.
– Chamomile tea has effective antioxidant ingredients. You can use tea to reduce skin inflammation caused by problems like diaper rash.
Note: You should choose to buy a quality tea that meets the following criteria:
– Trusted place to sell
– Tea must be packed in bags to avoid contamination
– Select pure tea, do not mix other ingredients
Side effects of chamomile tea
Besides the great benefits, you should also be aware of the side effects of this tea:
Children may be allergic to tea when symptoms appear: rash, vomiting, facial swelling and irritability. Take your child to the doctor when you notice any of these symptoms.
– If you are giving your child any medicine, ask your doctor if your child should drink tea during that time to avoid a reaction to the medicine.
Drinking tea can worsen the symptoms of certain diseases. For example, tea increases blood sugar in children with diabetes. So, to be on the safe side, consult your doctor to avoid complications later on.
The great uses that chrysanthemum tea brings to the health of children are undeniable. However, consult your doctor and choose to buy a quality tea for optimal results!
Reference source: hellobacsi.com