If you follow the methods of taking care of children of Japanese mothers, you are no stranger to Dashi water, one of the nutritious ingredients for baby food. Let’s go to the kitchen with GREEN Bach Hoa with standard Japanese-style Dashi water!
Great uses of Dashi . water
Dashi water is usually made from vegetables, bones, seafood, dried anchovies, seaweed, etc., so it contains many rich nutrients and delicious natural flavor.
In Japan, mothers often prefer to cook Dashi from seaweed and tuna because it contains valuable nutrients from the sea. Seaweed is very rich in fiber, contains more than 90 kinds of vitamins and minerals absorbed from the sea, helps the baby’s body to grow well, prevent inflammatory diseases and cancer. In addition, seaweed also helps detoxification, cooling body.
Besides seaweed, tuna is also a source Omega, iron, calcium, protein and many kinds of minerals necessary for the baby’s body needs when it comes to weaning.
See more: Benefits of seaweed for children
How to cook standard Japanese Dashi water
– 15 cm of seaweed (kombu).
– 10 grams of katsuo (dried thinly sliced tuna). You can find katsuo in Japanese stores and supermarkets.
– 1 liter of water.
– Step 1: Wash seaweed thoroughly, because seaweed is often dried and packaged, without going through the cleaning process. Then cut the seaweed into small pieces.
– Step 2: Put in a pot with 1 liter of water, then put the seaweed in it and soak it for 30 minutes so that the sweetness of the seaweed dissolves into the water. Then boil for about 30 seconds and then remove the seaweed.
– Step 3: Put the dried tuna in the pot of seaweed broth. Cook for another 30 seconds and then filter out the dried tuna residue.
– Step 4: Wait for the Dashi water to cool and then put it in a freezer tray for storage. Once cooked, can be stored for 1 week.
Whenever you need to use it, you just need to take out 1 Dashi and warm it up for your baby to eat with diluted porridge, minced meat, vegetables or other weaning foods.
Above is a recipe for Dashi water from seaweed and standard Japanese tuna, suitable for the weaning diet of most children, containing many nutrients and very delicious. Wishing all parents success with the simple recipe that Bach Khoa XANH introduced!
See more: How to make coconut oil for baby weaning
Reference source: eva.vn