After 6 months, the baby can eat solid foods. However, many mothers have a headache with their baby’s weaning. How to train your baby to have the fastest and most delicious eating habits? Let’s explore the 3 hottest baby feeding methods with Phunudaily today.
Traditional weaning method
This is the method many mothers choose for their children. By this method, after 6 months of age, babies can eat solid foods, pureed foods for babies to eat, after one year of age they can eat porridge or cooked rice.
– By this method, mothers do not spend too much time on baby’s meals.
– The fact that the food is pureed, will not affect the baby’s digestive system much.
Quite a lot of mothers do not choose this method, because if they eat a lot of pureed food, the baby’s ability to eat raw will be reduced. Many children up to 2 years old still have to chew and grind food to be able to eat. At the same time, this way is quite unhygienic and makes it difficult for the baby to feel the taste, not eating well.
Japanese method of weaning
This is a method that is quite popular among mothers today. The main features of this method are:
– Separate each type of food: Use a food tray, divide into 3 food groups including starch, protein, and vitamins. Each dish will be set aside for the child to choose.
– Practice giving your baby a light meal, eating a lot of vegetables to meat and fish.
Children eat as much as they want, parents do not force them to eat.
– Do not turn on the TV when the baby eats, just let the baby sit on the chair to focus on eating.
– Feed your baby raw food at the right time: For example, vegetables and meat are processed separately with the right coarseness for babies to eat.
– Children will be able to eat rough faster and earlier.
– Do not cause fear and pressure when the baby is forced to eat.
– Children will eat by themselves, so they will eat more, focus on eating faster.
– Giving your baby the habit of eating bland foods will be good for the baby’s kidneys and digestive system.
– Food is kept separate, the baby will get used to the taste of each food, creating a sense of excitement when eating.
With this method, the mother will spend a lot of time each time feeding the baby. Processing and sorting food will also take longer. Besides, the preservation of food is also a big obstacle.
Self-directed weaning method
The feature of this method is that: Parents decide the food for the baby, but the baby is the one who decides how much to eat.
To form the habit of this method, mothers should gradually practice for their children to go through the following steps:
– Let the child eat with the family.
– Babies can eat the same foods as everyone else, but different in size and appearance.
– Baby chin, grasp food.
– Babies still drink milk in addition to main meals.
– By this method, mothers can let their babies experience their own food, helping them develop their own skills.
Baby can use both hands and eyes to put food into mouth.
– Children learn to bite small food, practice chewing.
– Children can experience interesting dishes with the coarseness and smoothness of different foods.
With this method, the baby’s table will be quite dirty. Mom will spend a lot of time cleaning the baby’s place to eat. In addition, at first, it will be difficult for babies to chew and swallow hard or chewy foods such as meat. Therefore, in the early stages, mothers should monitor their babies to avoid choking or choking.
Here are the 3 hottest baby feeding methods today. Based on the advantages and disadvantages, mothers can choose the method that is right for their baby. I wish you success in your children’s meals!
See also: How to know if your baby is allergic to formula milk?