Save money by whitening your shoes at home instead of going to the laundromat. Here are some easy tips to keep your shoes white:
1. Clean yellowed white shoes with toothpaste. Use a toothbrush for better results. Apply toothpaste to the stain and wait for 10 minutes. Then, add a little water and scrub with a brush. Use a damp cloth to wipe off the toothpaste. Repeat as needed, but be cautious of drying your shoes in strong sunlight.
2. Clean yellowed white shoes with vinegar and baking soda. Soak the dirty part in vinegar and scrub with a brush until clean. Mix baking soda with vinegar to wash the whole shoe. Rinse as usual.
3. Clean yellowed white shoes with bleach. Dilute bleach with water in a 1:5 ratio. Use a brush dipped in the solution to scrub the shoes until clean. Remember to wear gloves to protect your hands.
4. Clean yellowed white shoes with canvas pens. This method may sound strange, but you can buy white canvas pens from a grocery store. Wash your white shoes as usual or follow the above methods, then dry. Use a paint brush to paint over the stained areas with the white canvas pen.
5. Clean yellowed white shoes with medical alcohol. Dip a cotton ball in medical alcohol and wipe off the yellowed parts. Wipe the shoes with a warm towel.
6. Whiten shoes with lemon. Cut a lemon in half and rub it on the stain, or squeeze lemon juice directly onto the stain. After 15-20 minutes, wash with clean water and dry.
7. Whiten shoes with shampoo. Mix shampoo with hot water. Dip a toothbrush in the solution and rub it over the spots. Rinse with clean water and let dry.
8. Whiten shoes with Vaseline. Apply Vaseline all over the shoe stain, leave it on for about 3 minutes, then wipe it off with a warm towel.
9. Whiten shoes with nail polish remover. Soak a cotton ball in nail polish remover and rub it on the stain. Scrub until the stain is gone, then rinse with water and dry.
Try these effective and fast methods to whiten your shoes at home. Good luck!