Children who are underweight or overweight have negative effects on their health and development. However, many parents fail to provide their children with the right nutrition, either overfeeding or underfeeding them. GREEN Department Store will provide information on how to prevent children from becoming too thin or too fat.
– Unbalanced nutrients: For instance, children consume excessive amounts of protein, sweet foods, fast foods, and carbonated soft drinks while neglecting green vegetables and fruits.
– Irregular meal timings: Mothers often fail to establish proper eating habits in their children, feeding them whenever they are hungry. This makes it difficult to control their hunger and fullness, resulting in overeating or undereating.
– Excessive snacking: Normally, we have three main meals and two snacks. However, if children are given too many snacks, they may not eat their main meals.
– Forced feeding: If children are forced to overeat, especially those suffering from anorexia, their psychology is easily affected and this can lead to counterproductive eating habits.
– Late-night feeding: Some parents wrongly believe that feeding their child before bedtime will facilitate their growth. However, eating a full meal before bed can affect sleep and lead to other consequences.
– Night breastfeeding: If a child is over 2 years old, mothers should avoid breastfeeding at night.
26 ways to promote balanced development in children
– Educate yourself about children’s nutrition: Refer to information provided by the Ministry of Health, stay updated on news, health recommendations, and children’s diet advice from television programs, newspapers, and other media sources.
– Establish a well-balanced diet for children: Limit or help your child avoid consuming soft drinks, fast food, or street food.
– Foster healthy eating habits: Regularly incorporate green vegetables and fruits into your child’s daily meals.
– Prepare visually appealing dishes: Make the food more attractive by decorating it, which can help create excitement for children during mealtime.
– Create a warm and joyful atmosphere: Encourage everyone to be present during family meals and have children sit in chairs to learn proper eating behavior from adults.
– Encourage physical activity: Mothers should encourage their children to engage in sports or take walks.
See also: How to properly feed children with salt
The above information highlights the common mistakes parents make in their children’s nutrition. Additionally, there are more tips to help children develop a balanced diet. Wishing all babies good health!
Reference source: tuoitre.vn